Facing QuickBooks Update Error 15106? Here’s What To Do
The best aspect of QuickBooks Desktop is that its efficiency gets better and better with every update released by Intuit Inc. However, updating QuickBooks Desktop to its most recent release is not free from errors and technical glitches. One such error is QuickBooks update error 15106, which pops up on the computer screen with an error message stating, “The update program cannot be opened” or “The update program is damaged.” With the help of this post, we are going to talk about why QuickBooks error code 15106 gets triggered in the first instance and how you can fix it with safety.
To get immediate troubleshooting assistance resolving QuickBooks update error 15106, please feel free to speak to our QuickBooks experts at 1-855-856-0042.
What are the reasons that lead to QuickBooks error code 15106?
QuickBooks error code 15106 often occurs when the third-party security applications block QuickBooks Desktop from accessing the internet. Nonetheless, there are various other reasons that can lead to it, such as:
- The QuickBooks Desktop is failing to download its latest updates because of the User Account Control (UAC) settings.
How to rectify QuickBooks update error 15106 with safety?
Solution 1) Stop your third-party security application and retitle the QuickBooks update folder
- Select the Windows Start icon.
- Type “Task Manager” into the search box and then press the Enter key on your keyboard.
- Navigate to the Processes tab and then select [ANTIVIRUS].exe.
- Click on the End Process button.
- After that, open File Explorer by pressing the Windows and E keys altogether.
- Double-click on the C: drive and navigate to the path, “Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks(year)\Components.”
- Look for the folder named downloadqbXX and right-click on it.
- Select the Rename option.
- Add the word “.OLD” at the end of the filename.
- Attempt to update the QuickBooks Desktop to its latest release and see whether you receive any errors this time.
After executing these steps you can move forward to our next solutions which explains how you can turn off User Account Control Settings manually.
Solution 2) Manually turn off the User Account Control settings
- Open the Run command window by pressing the Windows and R keys on your keyboard.
- Enter “Control Panel” into the search box and then select the OK button.
- Select the User Accounts option.
- After that, click on the User Accounts (Classic View) option.
- Select the Change user account control settings option.
- Select the slider and move it down to Never Notify.
- Hit the OK button to turn off User Account Control.
- Restart your computer.
- Try to download of the QuickBooks updates and see if any QuickBooks errors pop up.
If you fail to get over the QuickBooks update error 15106 even after going through the troubleshooting solutions that we have mentioned above in the post, then there are high chances that QuickBooks Desktop lacks Windows permissions to download its latest updates. Therefore, our recommendation for you is to run of the QuickBooks Desktop using the admin account and then try to update it to the latest release. For additional troubleshooting assistance to resolve the QuickBooks error code 15106, you can speak to our QuickBooks professionals at 1-855-856-0042.