Health & Fitness
Your Guide to Self-Hypnosis!
Hypnotherapy is proven effective in allowing the person to gain control to manage their behavior and feelings. Self-hypnosis is becoming highly vigilant and focused and giving positive suggestions for achieving goals by modifying behaviors. Self-hypnosis allows individuals to manage their behavior and reactions without help. Hypnotherapy to quit smoking, manage pain, lose weight, and overcome fears can allow the individual to function adequately and become productive.
Steps of Self-Hypnosis
The steps of self-hypnosis are:
- Get Comfortable and Relaxed: The first step is to become comfortable. Wear comfortable clothes and manage the temperature of the room. The individual should feel at ease. The person who wants to go from self0hypbosis should take out time and put aside their personal and professional work.
- Find a Quiet Spot: The environment of the room should be calming. There should no distractions or noise. Set aside the electronic devices, and dim the lights of the room. Sit in a comfortable position that does not assert pressure on the back.
- Remind Yourself of the Goals: After getting in a comfortable position, remind yourself of the goal and personal purpose of the hypnosis. Remind yourself whether the individual wants to eradicate a habit or modify the behavior.
- Control and Focus Your Gaze: Light a candle or use an object to focus. Keeping looking at it without losing focus.
- Deep Breathing: Inhale and exhale while maintaining the focus on the object. Next, imagine that your breathing is causing heaviness in your eyelids. Keep breathing unless the individual feels they cannot open their eyes.
- Keep Yourself Calm: After losing the eyes keep focusing on breathing and avoid distraction.
- Visualize Positive Situations: Use the visualizing sense to imagine positive situations. Add color to the imagination, such as walking along the beach.
- Take Your Time: As soon as the visuals begin to soothe you, start imagining that the body is becoming heavy. The individual will feel themselves sinking into the chair.
- Use Affirmative Words for Staying in Relaxation State: The individual should use affirmative words to reinforce the process. It is essential to keep telling yourself ”I’m calm” and ”I’m at peace”.
- Keep Affirming the Goals: Imagine achieving the desired goals. The individual should keep repeating positive words such as, ”I’ve reached my goal”. The encouragement enables the individual to remain compassionate towards the goals.
- Return to the Normal State: The person should stay in the hypnotic state for five minutes. Next, start deep breathing. Inhaling draws energy from the surroundings and exhaling helps flow through the veins. The inhaling and exhaling allow the limbs to feel lighter unless the individual is back to the normal state.
- Count Down and Wake Yourself: As soon as the individual is back to normal, the person should count to ten and open their eyes. The individual opens their eyes with alertness and energy.
An individual with a medical condition should consider clinical hypnotherapy rather than self-hypnosis for optimum results. The person must be aware of their mental and physical problems before opting hypnotherapy.