Mobile application development involves a crucial stage of UX design and UI design. The way your app appears and functions is crucial to the end user’s experience, making it a determining factor in whether or not they will continue using your application. Poor designs can result in users abandoning the app, causing it to fail.
A simple rule of thumb is that mobile applications that provide users with seamless interaction will result in them spending less time completing activities such as ordering food. This, in turn, guarantees that the end user will return to your mobile application repeatedly. The most critical elements of a mobile application that seeks to excel in the market are User Experience and User Interface design. Neglecting this stage in the development process puts your application at a high risk of failure.
It’s crucial to understand that end users need seamless interaction with any application they use. If your mobile application fails to provide this, they will uninstall it and switch to another. Given the vast number of mobile applications available on Google Play Store, you need to give your users a compelling reason to download your app by creating a user-friendly experience.
Providing end users with satisfaction is the ultimate goal of any mobile application. This satisfaction comes from delivering a top-notch user experience. By satisfying end users, they become loyal to your mobile application and are likely to refer other people to use it as well.
The following are stages of ux design & UI design
Planning is always the initial stage of developing mobile application products. The process of creating user-centered designs involves several major steps, which include:
- Developing a user-journey map
- Creating a UX wireframe
- Designing graphics
- Conducting usability testing
DEVELOPING USER JOURNEY
During this stage, the end user journey map is developed to illustrate how users interact with the mobile application and the various steps they take to perform a specific action.
The user journey is crucial for several reasons:
- It provides critical insights into the customer journey after conducting the mapping exercise.
- It offers an opportunity to learn about how end users interact with the mobile application.
How do we map end user journey?
Mapping of the end user journey always start by setting the series of users actions on the mobile application against the timelines.
Creation of the end user personas
In the first stage, the planning stage, you must have conducted research and came up with the target audience.
In this stage, it is the right time to come up with the profiles to be used by the end users that will act or represent the targeted audience.
Typically, the following steps are taken to map the end user journey:
1. Set the series of user actions on the mobile application against a timeline.
2. Create end user personas that represent the target audience identified during the planning stage using prior research.
3. Develop scenarios that align with end users’ expectations, referring to situations addressed by the user map in the previous stage.
4. Understand the specific goals of end users when using the mobile application. This information informs how and why they will download your mobile application from Google Play Store or App Store and continue to use it.
The next phase is the journey phase is the next stage. This phase provides information.
To cut the long story short,
Many people: mobile applications developers and mobile application owners ignores this stage of mobile application development. This affects mobile application usability and discourages users from using your app. It is advisable not to ignore this crucial stage of development.
Glitex Solutions Limited.
For mobile application development services in Kenya, Ethiopia and Africa and across the Globe, Contact Glitex Solutions Limited. We have the experience that you need.