Programming is the process of writing the logic of a certain problem to get the desired output. Whereas Coding is the communication between the computer and the user. Coding helps to convert the logic into the computer language so that we can get the output from the computer. But many people get confused between these two. Therefore in today’s article, we will see what are the differences between the two programming vs coding. We will discuss both in detail and give you the detailed differences. Therefore keep reading this article and get the best information regarding the two. Let us start by knowing them in detail.
What is programming?
It is the process of understanding the problem and then writing its logic in a certain programming language and getting the desired output. Coding is the bigger domain that involves the whole process of converting the code into the output. Whereas programming is the process of working on a particular problem to solve it.
What is coding?
It is a process in which we give the computer commands to carry out a certain task. But it is in the language of the computer, so that computer can easily understand it. Therefore we use a compiler to convert our code into the computer language. After this computer gives the output which then converts to the user’s language or any high-level language. The whole process considers as coding.
List of steps involved in programming
- Writing the code with logic: We have to analyze the problem and then write the logic for it. When we write the code then we get the desired output.
- Testing the code: The main difference between both (programming vs coding) is the testing process. After writing the code we have to analyze the code and remove the errors. We have to remove all types of errors, whether asynchronous or synchronous. Also, we have to think about logic in such a way that the time and space complexity remain minimum.
- Documenting our code: After writing the code we have to document it. We have to make it easy for the people to understand it. We must include the steps for people to run the code on their system. For example when we post our code on Github then we include the README file where we write how to use our code.
List of steps involved in the process of coding
- Writing the code: Whenever we are assigned the problem then we have to think of the logic and convert it into a certain code. The code then converts into the machine language and then into the high language.
- Following the syntaxes: The important thing to remember is to follow the syntax and the rules. If any of the rules are violated then the error occurs. Therefore we have to make the code error-free by looking at the compile-time errors. For example the semi-colons, keywords etc.
Differences between programming vs coding
- Programming is the process of understanding the problem and then writing its logic in a certain programming language and getting the desired output.
Whereas coding is a process in which we give the computer commands to carry out a certain task.
- Programming requires a programmer to be skilled enough to think the logic of certain problems and then write the code with minimum complexities.
Whereas coding needs a coder to know the basics of any language with its syntax.
- Programming may need a whiteboard to make the flowcharts, testing frameworks for testing the code written by us etc.
Whereas coding requires tools like a compiler, translators, assemblers etc.
- Programming needs the programmer to make the app that is ready to use.
Whereas coding can be just running a certain part of the code or the full code.
- The programmer must document his code. Because the programmer makes the full fletch app. Therefore he must give the users steps to run the code.
Whereas coding does not require the coder to document their code.
- Programming needs to remove all kinds of bugs and make the program run faster with the minimum requirement of the space.
Whereas coding involves the process of removing errors to make it compilable.
Let’s wrap it up!
In today’s article, we learnt the differences between programming vs coding. We discussed both in detail. We saw the steps involved in them. After that, we saw the clear difference between the two.
We hope you found our article (programming vs coding) worth it. If so, then please leave a positive comment. And in case you don’t or have any query then let us know. We will try to help you in the best way possible.
Also, we have already posted many articles related to programming and languages. Therefore you can check them out and get your knowledge enhanced. Have a good day ahead!