Methods to Debug ‘QBCFMonitorService Not Running On this Computer’
QuickBooks Company File Monitoring Service is a service that allows a user to operate QuickBooks Desktop and the company file accurately. The file can be found inside the QuickBooks installation directory. Sometimes, the file might not function, and it may stop you from operating the data file. When such an error pops up, you receive the ‘QBCFMonitorService Not Running On this Computer’ error. To guide you through troubleshooting the issue, we have explained all the requisite info about the error in this article. Hence, gain an in-depth insight into the problem by reading the detailed blog until the end.
Have you made several attempts to fix the problem when QBCFMonitorService stops working on your system? Dial 1.800.579.0391 to take help from our QuickBooks technical assistance team regarding the error.
Why does QBCFMonitorService Stop Functioning on your Computer?
Are you trying to figure out what causes the problem to arise whenever you access your QB company file? Then, you must check out the reasons we have enlisted below-
- The first and foremost reason behind the issue could be that the setting of the QuickBooks Database Manager Service is not correct.
- The inaccurate configuration of hosting the company files in multi-user mode on the host computer can also give rise to the problem.
Move on to the next section of the blog to learn the ways of eliminating the issue completely.
Top Two Troubleshooting Methods to Remove the Problem If QBCFMonitorService Does Not Work on the System
Have you attempted several solutions to debug the issue, but none of the troubleshooting helped? Don’t forget to perform the solutions given below-
SOLUTION 1: Open QB Database Manager Service to Configure It
- On your Windows desktop, hit the ‘Windows + R’ keys to open the ‘Run’ command.
- Type ‘services.msc’ and press ‘Enter’.
- A list will appear from where you require to locate ‘QuickBooks DBXX’.
- If the service status says ‘Stopped’, you must right-click on ‘Service’ to choose the ‘Properties’ option.
- In the following window, go to the ‘General’ tab and set the Startup type as ‘Automatic’.
- Now, jump to the ‘Login’ tab and tap ‘Local System Account’.
- Next, on the ‘Recovery’ tab, click on the first, second, subsequent failures drop-down menu and choose the ‘Restart the Service’ option.
- At last, hit ‘Apply’ and then ‘OK’.
SOLUTION 2: Configure Multi-User Hosting on the Host Computer
- On the server computer, run your QuickBooks Desktop.
- Go to the ‘File’ tab and select ‘Utilities’.
- Under Utilities, you will find multiple options.
- Next, you must click on ‘Host Multi-User Access’.
- After you see the confirmation dialog box, hit ‘Yes’.
- Now, you must allow hosting on the server computer and disable multi-user hosting on all workstations.
- Check if any of the workstations have the ‘Switch to Single-User’ option or not. If yes, turn it on.
As we conclude the blog here, we believe that this article must have helped you fix the ‘QBCFMonitorService Not Running On this Computer’ quickly and efficiently. In fact, the regular users who have come across the issue before have claimed that these solutions have worked well for them. However, if the error does not disappear due to some other glitches, feel free to reach out to one of our experts through 1.800.579.0391.