The Canon wireless printer configuration follows specific protocols, but it’s not an arrangement for printing and plugs. This is common to every printer, not just Canon The set of directions is required to follow in order to connect wireless printers.
Following the steps strictly is essential, as any error in the process is an automatic failure and the printers will not respond to instructions. Like all printers, Canon includes access points (known as hubs or routers) that have an automatic connection button, or the WPS (WIFI Secured Setup). This is the connection point that allows a PIXMA model MG3540 printer to connect to a network with the necessary password. Read more lbp6230dw connect to wifi.
The WPS button can be considered the simplest method of connecting, however, should it not include one, an alternative method can use to allow connections to be made. The instructions are in the following order:
If you are a Windows client Use the CD that was included with the printer to start the installation.
- For Mac users Download the manuals and software by selecting “selecting the product” on the PIXMA range page.
- A screen with an initial message should show up After that, click next and enter the password in order for the “helper tool” to run.
- When you are ready, choose the option between USB for a USB or the wireless option then click. The process will not function in the event that the printer is not running.
- It is in use to go. The next step is connecting to the network. Once the “cableless setup” is displayed on your screen press the printer’s WIFI button until the alarm lamp blinks twice after which you can release the button.
- At this point, you should notice that the green (WIFI) lamp will be flashing rapidly and it is the power light that’s green on. Be aware that the network connection will be temporarily deactivated while setting up.
- Then, the “licensing agreement to Canon items’ and ‘please accept all installation wizard procedures’ should appear on the screen. Click.
- The printer’s model as well as its designation (SSID) for the wireless connection will be display in the display. Then, it will complete the setup of the connection. Run a test print.
This Canon wireless printer is program to be easy to work with and user-friendly Otherwise, no one would ever follow the instructions to connect to a wireless printer and instead, have it install.
Like all installation guides you must use the common sense to read the steps.
If you’re still having difficulties connecting wirelessly to your router or wireless printer, call Canon’s technical support to get a more thorough walk-through of how to connect your printer and wireless network correctly synced.
Before you contact them, make sure that your router works properly for other devices.
In rare instances it is possible that the wireless card of the printer could be damag, and you’ll have to replace the printer if an appropriate connection isn’t possible. Although Canon printers are fantastic for printing, you’re certainly not the only one to experience difficulties connecting them to an internet connection. Hope these tips helped in connecting your Canon Printer to the WIFI. What did they do for you? Do you have a hack or a different way to connect? Please let me know via the comment section.