How to Delete a Gmail Account & How to Recover it
A Gmail account can be recovered using security questions that you need to answer, using a recovery phone number or secondary email address. It can also be retrieved with the help of account security officials, which is considered the safest option. You can recover your account using the Google Account recovery form. However, in this blog, we will offer the best solutions to help you recover your deleted Gmail account.
How to Recover Deleted Gmail Account?
If you have deleted your Gmail account, then you might be able to get it back. You need to follow the steps to get your Gmail account back.
- You must first go to Google Account Help and then click on Follow the steps to recover your account.
- Just follow the steps enter your email or phone number, and then click Next. Now, enter the last password you remember and click on next.
- You will get your Gmail account. Then you need to click Continue to view your Gmail.
Following these steps will help you get your Gmail account back. If you want to delete a Gmail account that you do not wish to, then go for the next section.
How To Delete a Gmail Account?
You can refer to the below steps to delete a Gmail account that you are no longer using or want to keep the one that you have.
- First, you need to sign in to your Gmail account. Then once signed in, you need to look fr the menu button in the inbox. This button looks like a gear, which is located in the Gmail window’s upper right corner.
- You need to just click on the said button, and once it drops down and shows the options, you need to locate settings and click on it.
- Next, you have to look for the account and import tab. It is located as one of the tab options at the top of the page. By clicking that, you will be redirected to the Accounts and Import page.
- Then look for change account settings, and locate ‘other Google Account Settings.’ Then click on it. This will open the Google account management page.
- Once on the google account management page, you will have to locate the data tools tab and click on it.
- Then on the right side of the data tools page, you will see some of the options. Under account management, you need to find the account and data.
- Now, confirm that you want to delete the account. Once you have clicked on the delete account and data option, a warning will appear, and your confirmation is needed for deleting the account.
- Now check each of the boxes you see to confirm your understanding regarding the loss of access to related services. The packages will not refer to the services you will be losing access to.
These boxes indicate that you are acknowledging that you will lose access to the said services. Click on the delete google account, and you are all set. While you deleted your Gmail account and get it back option, you can refer to the above steps (if you want the Gmail account back). So now you have steps for both – how to delete a Gmail account and recover deleted Gmail account. There are various features that you can use in a Gmail account. One such feature is the Gmail spam filter that analyses email content and flags all the emails that do not seem legitimate. Thus, you need to make sure you proofread your emails before you click the send button. It would help if you also avoided common spam trigger words such as credit, reward, income, cash, password, etc. The presence of a couple of spam-triggering words alone is not enough to convince the Gmail spam filter that your emails are junk, so there is no reason to avoid all of them obsessively – that would probably be impossible. You can read various posts of Gmail to resolve Gmail-related problems like Gmail not receiving emails, Gmail not loading or syncing, etc.