So, what are transport shipping containers and how do they function? The shipping companies use these shipping containers in warehouse management, shipping services, digital warehousing, inbound process, outbound process, and warehouse fulfillment and many more.
The mode of travel of shipping containers depends upon the distance and availability of the mode of transport. You can transport shipping containers either by water transport or air transport or road transport. Multiple transports of a single shipping container can happen depending on various factors.
Now, when it comes to the types of transport shipping containers for shipping containers, there are many. Some of them are liste to help you have a better understanding.
1) Road transport
- Trucks and trailers are most commonly use as a mode of road transport. Trucks like Flatbed trucks, also known as roller back trucks, are use when the package containers aren’t that heavy, and additional equipment to unload or load won’t be require most of the time.
- If the containers are to transporte for a lesser distance, then a tilt-bed truck can considere as a good choice option.
- Step-deck trucks have a lower ground level compared to other trucks. You will need equipment to lift the container and place it inside the truck. The step duck truck platform will help keep the container stable.
You can transport shipping containers by train if it is inter-state transport. The train is also a better option if the shipping containers are reache in any part of the country. Double-stack rail transport means two shipping containers that are one container holding another container on it. The containers’ capacity is huge, so it’s easy to stock up your stock and transport it. Sending containers through rail transport can save you money. If you compare it with road transport, rail transport is always a better option for money.
3) Air transport
Many shipping companies use air transport to transport shipping containers. Air transport is an expensive mode of transport, but it reaches faster than other modes. Shipping companies prefer air transport for urgent shipments or shipments overseas. Air transport is not prefered for inter-country parcels, which isn’t affordable. Only during festivals or if there are many shipments of the same state then it is preferre by the shipping companies.
4) Water transport
Water transport is always affordable compared to air transport, and water transport can take heavy goods or non-perishable goods. There are different types of containers used for water transport.
- The standard containersare also known as dry storage containers which are mostly use to transport raw materials or machines. Dry storage containers are water-proof, making them safe from any damage.
- Hardtop containers are containers whose roofs can remove, and it is easy to get the machines or packages out of the container using cranes. Hardtop containers are use to transport heavier parts of machines . In such cases, the transportation seems much easier as the cranes are use to pull the packages up and place them accordingl.
- Reefer Containers are use to store products that need a specific temperature or perishable goods to keep them in good condition. A constant temperature is maintaine.
Shipping companies usually prefer water transport as it is profitable option for them. Air transport focuses more on perishable goods and not much on other goods. Different types of containers according to the different modes of transport helps them to transport the goods at the right time.
Multiple modes of transport are used in most cases by shipping companies. The companies transport shipping containers depending on different factors, and the major factor is time management.