Everything You Need to Learn About QuickBooks Error 1603
Without a doubt, the QuickBooks Desktop is an outstanding wealth management application, and to make it even more productive, its developer Intuit In. releases new updates from time to time for users. However, despite the QuickBooks being so advanced, working with it is not at all free from errors and technical glitches. One such error is QuickBooks error 1603, which many users often get while trying to install the QuickBooks Desktop or open it after the installation. With the help of this post, we aim to talk about the reasons that can be behind the occurrence of QuickBooks error code 1603 and the best troubleshooting fixes to get it fixed.
Want to rectify QuickBooks error 1603 without going through the complex troubleshooting fixes? If yes, feel free to contact our QuickBooks experts at +1-855-856-0042.
What are the reasons causing QuickBooks error code 1603?
QuickBooks error code 1603 usually gets triggered when any third-party security applications, like ant-virus, block the installation of QuickBooks Desktop. Although, there can also be other reasons behind its occurrence, such as:
- Corruption in the installation files of QuickBooks Desktop.
What should you do to fix QuickBooks error 1603?
Solution 1) Repair the QuickBooks installation files with QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- On your computer, download QuickBooks Tool Hub of the most updated version (188.8.131.52).
- Double-click on the downloaded file named QuickBooksToolHub.exe and act accordingly to the on-screen instructions.
- Finish the installation of QuickBooks Tool Hub by accepting the terms and conditions.
- Open the QuickBooks Tool Hub and then click on the Installation Issues tab.
- Select the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool option and let the tool function.
- When the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool finishes repairing the QuickBooks installation files, restart your computer.
- After that, try to install QuickBooks Desktop on your computer.
If QuickBooks error 1603 persists, proceed further to the second solution.
Solution 2) Install QuickBooks Desktop in the Window Selective Startup mode
Step 1) Turn on the Selective Startup mode on your computer
- Open the Run command window by pressing the Windows + R keys on your keyboard.
- Type “msconfig” into the search column and then click on the OK button.
- In the General tab, select the Selective start option.
- Click on the Load system services option.
- Move to the Services tab and then make sure that the Hide all Microsoft services checkbox is clear.
- Hit on the Disable all button.
- After that, clear the Hide all Microsoft services checkbox.
- In the list of services, confirm that the Windows Installer checkbox is selected.
- Click on the OK button.
- On the System Configuration screen, select the Restart button.
- After that, try to install the QuickBooks Desktop on the computer.
If you get the QuickBooks error 1603 even after following the troubleshooting solutions mentioned above in the post, then your Windows operating system might have been outdated. Therefore, our recommendation for you is to download the latest Windows updates and then try to install the QuickBooks Desktop on your computer. For additional troubleshooting assistance to rectify QuickBooks error code 1603, feel free to speak to our of the QuickBooks professionals team at +1-855-856-0042.