Best Scholarships in Australia – A Brief Guide About Students
Australia has become one of the leading study destinations for international students owing to its world-class universities, quality of education, friendly population, and scenic beauty. There is a widespread misconception that there are no international student scholarships in Australia. This is not true. Australian universities value high-achieving students and provide various scholarship programs to entice fine and bright students from across the globe to study in Australia.
Exploring Scholarships in Australia
There are several Government and university-specific scholarships in Australia designed to attract high-performing students and those who are hoping to work in the country after graduation. These programs provide considerable payment, educational subsidies, and/or living allowances to students who wish to study in Australia.
University Scholarships in Australia
The Australian Government has extensive scholarships in Australia for international students. It invests about $200 million per year in universities and other institutions. Many of Australia’s leading universities, such as the University of Melbourne, the University of Sydney, and the Australian National University (ANU), provide various scholarships in Australia that include benefits such as health insurance.
List of the Best Scholarships in Australia for International Students
Some of the most lucrative scholarships in Australia are mentioned below:
1. Victoria University International Excellence Scholarship
The VU International Excellence Scholarships are among the most attractive scholarships in Australia. It honours and acknowledges the accomplishments of students who are just starting at VU. Students are awarded this scholarship based on academic merit, and students must achieve higher results than VU’s requirements of the academic entrance.
- $750 per semester for Vocational Education and Training (VET). The scholarship is worth up to $3,000 and will cover the entire cost of a two-year VET degree.
- Undergraduates pay $3,000 for the first two semesters of study. The scholarship is worth up to $12,000 and will cover the total cost of a four-year undergraduate degree.
- $3,000 for the first two study periods for postgraduate (coursework). The scholarship is worth up to $6,000 and will cover tuition for a two-year postgraduate (coursework) degree.
2. Deakin Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarships
This grant is available to all students who are starting their studies at Deakin University. Scholarship applications should be submitted at least one month before beginning studies at Deakin University. It is one of the best scholarships in Australia for international students.
- Be a prospective overseas student at Deakin University pursuing a coursework degree.
- be eligible to attend Deakin University as a student
- have a grade point average of 85 percent (or equivalent) in previous studies
- Your entire tuition fees or half of your total tuition fees.
- Priority place for on-campus accommodation (at own expense and subject to availability)
3. Deakin International Scholarships in Australia
All students starting their studies at Deakin University are eligible for these scholarships. Scholarship applications should be submitted at least one month before the start of your Deakin studies. It is among the most lucrative scholarships in Australia.
- 25% of your student contributions (tuition fees)
- be a prospective overseas student at Deakin University for a coursework degree
- be able to attend Deakin University as a student
- have achieved a 65% average (or equivalent) in previous studies
Scholarships for Academic Excellence Recognizing Outstanding Undergraduate Academic Achievement at University of Newcastle
The following five academic faculties will award these scholarships:
- Faculty of Education and Arts
- Business and Law Faculty
- Faculty of Science
- Health and Medicine Faculty
- Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment
Students going from year 1 to year 2, year 2 to year 3, and year 3 to year 4 will be eligible for the scholarships (in four-year degree programs). They will be awarded based on academic performance to both domestic and international students and will be worth $10,000.
Many scholarships in Australia, grants, and bursaries can help support you financially with your studies in Australia. The Australian Government, education providers, and several other public and private organizations offer them.
How Do I Find My Eligibility for These Scholarships in Australia?
If you wish to know your eligibility for the aforementioned scholarship programs and explore other scholarships in Australia, go to www.timescoursefinder.com. This comprehensive platform offers in-depth information regarding top universities in Australia along with their scholarship programs, requirements, fees, deadlines, and other details!