QuickBooks Desktop application’s one of the features, QuickBooks Point of Sale can encounter multiple glitches when operating it. For instance, QuickBooks error 176109 interrupts when trying to access the Point of Sale or performing its registration procedure. The issue comes along with a message stating, “Error code 176109: Invalid Product Code or Invalid Product Number”. If you have experienced the same issue, have a look at this informative blog. Here, we have explained all the required details about the error. Make sure to give it a read till the end for a better understanding.
Immediately get in touch with one of our experienced professionals if you are unable to fix the QuickBooks Point of Sale error 176109 by dialing our Toll-Free 1.800.579.0391.
What are the Major Reasons That Provokes the Error Code 176109 in QuickBooks?
Are you confused because you cannot figure out what really is causing the error to arise? In this section of the article, we have mentioned all the primary reasons behind the error. Let us discuss in brief further-
- Providing inaccurate product code while installing the QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale can trigger the problem.
- Another possible reason can be that you have not signed in to your computer as the administrator.
As you have understood the causes of the error code 176109, go ahead and learn how to eliminate the problem successfully.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 40001
Two Quick Processes to Get Rid of the QuickBooks Desktop Error 176109
If you have made many attempts to fix the error and it still did not work out, you must go through the solutions we have mentioned here. Both the solutions have been elaborated precisely-
SOLUTION 1: Clear the Entitlement Client Folder
- Access the Windows Explorer page by hitting the ‘Windows +
- E’ keys on the keyboard.
- Double-click on the C: Drive and search for the entitlement folder. If you find it difficult to locate the file, go through the following path- Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8.
- As you require to remove all the files, select all of them together by pressing the ‘Ctrl + A’ keys.
- Now, hit ‘Delete’ and click ‘Yes’ to completely delete the files.
- In the end, finish the registration process by re-opening the QB Desktop Point of Sale.
SOLUTION 2: Edit the Name of the WSActivity File
- To open the Windows Explorer page, press the ‘Ctrl + A’ keys.
- Click twice on the C: Drive and proceed to the path as follows- Program Data\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale XX\Ini.
- In the following folder, right-click on ‘WSActivity’ to ‘Rename’ it.
- Name the file as ‘OLDWSActivity’ and hit ‘Enter’ to save the made changes.
- Next, move to the entitlement client folder to delete everything. Follow the above solution to access the entitlement client folder.
- After it is done, run your QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale again.
We hope through this blog you must have gained sufficient knowledge about the QuickBooks error 176109. However, if you think we have missed some other important info, get in touch with our team of certified QuickBooks experts and clarify all your queries at Toll-Free 1.800.579.0391.
You may read also : Methods to Debug ‘QBCFMonitorService Not Running On this Computer’